Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BRIBES

Democrat Carl Perrin tries to present himself as a squeaky-clean candidate, but stories are now surfacing that he collected bribes, hundreds of them in his long career as an English teacher. He never solicited bribes per se, but he talked about chocolate enough that his students knew that it wouldn’t hurt if they brought him a chocolate bar.

“It’s true,” Perrin admits, “students did bring me chocolate, but it was never really a bribe. I never offered to raise a student’s grade if he brought me some chocolate. Of course they knew that chocolate always put me in a good mood, and they wanted me to be in a good mood when I was correcting their papers.”

Perrin insists that students brought him chocolate because they liked him, not because they hoped to bribe him.

No comments: